Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, January 8, 2010

TM Cooks-I mean, PW Cooks.

One of my gifts this year was PW's Cookbook. She is my favorite blogger-she passed up Dooce on my list. I love the setup of her blog and I drool over her food photos and I've been following her little book tour online. What a fun life she lives!
When I got her book, I swore that I would try her recipes and make wonderful meals. My family will be so happy, that they will write her love letters.
So far, I've only been able to make one recipe since we've been sick. I tried the Cowboy Sandwich and I got rave reviews from the kiddos and hubby. I could have taken some photos for you, but my buns (the sandwich buns, I mean) accidentally got smashed in the process of grilling them. Never put a heavy dish on top of delicate buns-lesson learned.
I haven't decided what to try next; maybe one of the desserts. As you know, I can't cook, but I do believe that PW is making me a better cook. My kids thank her. My hubby thanks her. This cookbook should be given to every married couple as a "recipe" for a great marriage-Get it? Recipe? Come on, that was a good one.

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

You're going to have fun exploring those recipes!

The Four Week Vegan said...

I have heard such great things about her cookbook. Glad you are trying new things and enjoying them.

Helene said...

I don't have her cookbook but I have made a few of the recipes off her site and they've all been very good.

One of the things you HAVE to try are the apple dumplings...they are seriously yummy!!!

Buckeroomama said...

I have to give all credit to PW for my discovering the joys of cooking. :) Try the Chicken Spaghetti (the only pasta that MM would eat or something like that) --everyone here loves it and it's very easy to make. I don't know if that's in her cookbook, though, but it's definitely on her site. :)

stephanie said...

Good Luck with the cooking, I love to cook, it calms me down believe it or not. I am following from MBC, I love your blog and can't wait to read more!

Creative Junkie said...

I love her blog as well! I try to make a lot of her recipes a little healthier as apparently, she can eat a truckload of butter with no consequences. I love her chicken spaghetti and her mashed potatoes are my favorite!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I was just checking out cookbooks today. Lately, I want to try new recipes and maybe one day, consider myself an okay cook. I am horrible. I am going to check out this book. Thanks for sharing!

ConnieFoggles said...

I'll have to check out her recipes. I'm not a great cook and I'm sick of the same old stuff all the time. Hope you're feeling much better.