Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Eye opening moment.

Our weekends seemed to never be boring. This weekend was no exception. My Saturday began with me waking up to a bad pain in my lower right side. I wasn't sure what it was and of course, my first thought was appendicitis. I also thought that maybe it might be a pulled muscle from over exercising. Regardless, I couldn't walk because the pain was so bad. I laid down all day and by the next morning, it seemed better, so I decided to go out shopping. NOT A GOOD IDEA. I was in pain again by that night.

While I was laying down (What? You thought I might go to the hospital by now? You silly goose.) Bella, our dog, was laying next to me. She got up and went around the corner and out of my site. I didn't think anything about it, until she came back five minutes later, and started falling down everytime she tried to walk. I jumped up (yes, that hurt) and tried to figure out what was wrong with her. I was totally freaking out, because she started flopping around like a fish out of water. She was banging into things and kept banging her head into everything. I thought that maybe she ate something and had poisoned herself. I thought she was dying and there was nothing I could do.

Now, up until this very moment, I basically considered Bella a nuisance, and couldn't wait until she could go back with her mama (Jess). Seeing her in pain and wondering if we were going to lose her made me realize just how much I loved that booger. How I would miss her if she was gone! I forgot all about my pain in my side and did what I could to try to see what the heck was wrong with her.

I called my husband who was at work and told him about it. He said to calm her down and try to get her to a hospital. At this point, she started to claw at her mouth, so I thought that maybe she had something stuck in her throat. She was still able to breathe, so I thought maybe there was just enough opening to allow air in. I called my daughter to come over so she could take her to the animal hospital.

While Jess was getting ready, Bella started getting better. She could walk now, and she wasn't flopping around anymore. Then, she was able to drink her water and eat some food, so I thought that if there had been something lodged in there, it might of passed. By the time my daughter called me back, Bella seemed fine again.

I tell ya, sometimes you don't realize how much you treasure something until you are put in a situation where you might lose it. Bella was definately spoiled for the rest of the night with hugs and kisses. This morning she seems fine still. We may never know what happened to her, but at least she's alive and at my feet right now.

My pain on the other hand is still here. Will I miss it when it is gone? Not likely.

11 comments:

The Four Week Vegan said...

You really should at least call the doctor because plenty of people would miss you if you were gone. Come on woman, take care of you!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I've been ignoring a pain in my lowern abdominal area for almost three weeks now. It comes and goes. Just about the time I talk myself into finally going to the doctor, it disappears. Glad Bella is doing well now.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I am glad is doing better. Take care of yourself too!

Run DMT said...

That is crazy. Maybe she sensed your pain??? I agree with everyone else's comment. Take care of yourself and get to the doctor. You can't let something like that go.

Thanks for stopping by today. :-)

Jen said...

Maybe both of you should see your respective doctors, just to be on the safe side.

Kristen Andrews said...

oh you need to go to the doctor if it doesn't get better, poor pup my dog is bad a lot but he would be surely missed

Annie said...

In my opinion, you need to visit your doctor and see what he say.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Annette Lyon said...

I'm thinking the same thing--the dog gets a call to the doctor but YOU don't? :) Hope you feel better soon, whatever it is!

(Thanks for dropping by!)

Marla said...

Last time I ignored a pain in my lower abdomen for almost a week, I ended up in emergency surgery with a burst ovary.

Better to have it checked and find it is nothing than to ignore it and find out it was something.

Yes, I am a nagging mother. :-)

Liz Mays said...

Now I'm worried about both of you!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

You need to get the pain checked. I ignored mine for 2 weeks and ended up with an emergency appendectomy