Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, May 7, 2010

A Celebration?

As I mentioned yesterday, I was going to the National Mom's Nite Out celebration at our mall. I have to say, I was a bit disappointed. I felt like I was at a women's fair more then going out and having fun.


I met Nicole, the blogger who was SUPPOSED to help with the planning. She told me how she wasn't included in any decisions for what to do and she was let down also. I think that this event should of been held like a party, not just trying to sell us stuff, or trying to get us to sign up to have a Mary Kay party.


I think that Simon Malls didn't get it. We were to have fun. Give us a free back rub. Make US dinner. Let us dance. Get us drunk. (Just kidding on the drinking thing-maybe.) BSM Media, if you are listening, please consider this for next year, or I'll probably not go again.

All and all, I made the best of it. I made a new blogger friend, I got some food samples, a small margarita, a goodie bag, and this...


THIS made it all worth while.

Thank-you, Leo Kelly. You made my night.

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

ha. cute pic...sorry it was a bit of a bummer...

The Single Mothers Chronicles said...

Love the drawing!! I never knew there was a National Moms Night Out (I wonder how many run away :-)?)
Swati

Creative Junkie said...

I've never heard of a National Mom's Night Out but I'm sorry it was a disappointment. Why would the organizers assume that a mom's night out is a way to get you to sign up for something? That really irks me. Let moms have a REAL night out - why is that so hard?

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Funny picture. Sorry it wasn't like you expected. Hope your Mother's Day is perfect.

Buckeroomama said...

Great caricature! :)

Happy Mother's Day.

secret agent woman said...

I hadn't heard of it, but that doesn't sound too compelling. Actually, I think free wine would have been the way to go.

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day,my friend!
You look BEAUTIFUL, then and NOW!
You are such a wonderful friend and MOTHER!
May this Mother's Day be one of the best with more to come in years!
YOU ROCK, MOMMY!
hugs
shakira

Annette Piper said...

I've seen girls night outs around and about - and yes they seem centered around shopping. Not quite the idea!