Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, May 21, 2010

Kids say the cutest things

My youngest, Emily, has been going through a "phase" lately, where she just wants to wear her swimming suit everyday. I'm not sure if she is trying to send a positive vibe out into the air to remind Mother Nature that yes, it is May, and we should be experiencing warm swimming weather by now. If that is the case, then we're all wearing our swimming suits to church on Sunday.

The other day she was wearing her one piece and had to go to the bathroom. She wanted to let me know that she was going to have to take off her suit to go because it didn't have an opening. I told her that was how my swimsuit worked too.

She looked at me and said, "You don't have a swimsuit, silly."

"Oh, but I do," I replied. "I just haven't been seen in it since 1999."

Emily looked at me and then casually stated, "Mom, you can't wear a swimsuit-you're an old lady."

No Christmas presents for this kid.

7 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

I usually need an act of God or Congress to wear a swimsuit. Just the thought of it is enough to make me move to Alaska. And I detest snow.

The Single Mothers Chronicles said...

Ack!!

p.s.
I just ordered Anonymous - can't wait to read it!

Swati

sheila said...

OH!!!!!!!!!! lol, that is hysterical! I had one that ate nothing but mac n cheese for 7 months. I feel your pain. lol.

thanks for entering my giveaway!!!!

Aim said...

It's a good thing she's cute. :-)

Buckeroomama said...

Ouch! :)

Have a good weekend!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

u r right,
enjoy the fun!

The Single Mothers Chronicles said...

Hi Tess - I'd love to do an interview with you for your Wednesdays..let me know what works! My email: swatibharteey@rcn.com

Thanks!
Swati
The Single Mothers Chronicles