Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving weekend was anything but thankful-unless I considered feeling like I was dying and not actually dying, is something I should be thankful for.


That darn flu bug got me again. Right on Thanksgiving-well, the night before. That's not a good thing when you have a houseful of guests coming that evening. I didn't know what to do and didn't want to cancel since there wasn't time for anyone to make other arrangements, and I spent a fortune in food.

I was up most of the night fighting the aches and pains, and ate about a Christmas tree full of peppermint candy canes. I decided to just go ahead and still have the dinner and kept as far away from food as possible. I washed my hands so much that day and by dinner time, they were about raw!

I managed to put together a table setting that I thought was pretty- I looked far and wide for the centerpiece and spotted this one at Michaels. It spoke to me, telling me to please take it home-or, maybe the flu was already setting in, making me delusional. At any rate, I got it and love it.

And yes, there are plastic cups-I wanted to make clean up as easy as possible.

So, everyone came and I managed through it, eating jello while everyone else had turkey. I did save myself a plate and ate it the next day for lunch.

For those readers that have been around awhile, I did make it out the next morning for Black Friday shopping and to get my traditional globe from JcPenneys.

We thought at first that we didn't make it, because the doors we checked were all out, but someone got wind of a door that still had them. We ran there and got some of the few that were left.

That darn globe is the ONLY reason I get out of bed at 5:00am to go shopping.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hope you are feeling better now...no way was i getting up early on black friday...much less going out..lol. we did go out for a bit saturday which was much more tame...

Veronica Lee said...

The table setting IS pretty, Tess!

Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

Have a nice day!

Liz Mays said...

Unless Mickey was holding money in that globe, he still couldn't get me out of bed.

Sorry you came down with the flu!!!

Unknown said...

The globe is adorable. In that case, I think it's worth going out when you know exactly what it is that you want. Do you collect globes?