Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Friday Favorites

It's Friday Favorites!!
I stumbled across a very neat site at Etsy and found out that the owner is an awesome person.
This week's find is:
Owned by Kelly Drill
Tell us a bit about yourself!
My name is Kelly and I'm a full-time mom and stationery designer. I'm also a part-time nanny for my 12-month-old niece. Both my husband and I are former actors, political junkies, technophiles, and all-around creative/nerdy types. Both originally mid-westerners, we found each other on the west coast and lived on a boat in Seattle for several years before relocating to the Dallas suburbs in 2006.
Our 3-year-old daughter is the most beautiful and hilarious person I've ever met.I created Macaroni and Glue in 2007 as a means to establish some much-needed balance between my inner artist and outer homemaker. With my history in the performing arts, I was feeling a bit lost after two years of being at home and started looking in all directions for ways to express myself creatively.
I totally embraced my inner Martha Stewart - learned to cook, tried all sorts of crafting techniques, made homemade toys for my daughter, etc.Paper crafts and stationery ultimately became a passion.
I opened shop on Etsy in February 2008 and my work is now available internationally to boutiques and specialty shops. I'm inspired by all things vintage and girly.
My current obsession is turn-of-the-century illustrations and greeting cards from the 30s - 50s. I love to find beautiful vintage imagery, and then take it completely out of context to create something fun and modern. My daughter is also a huge source of inspiration - she teaches me how to look at the world in unique and quirky ways, which helps to keep the creative juices flowing.
As a designer, I use vintage and vintage-inspired art to create uniquely nostalgic stationery. My cards and invitations are crafted from textured and specialty card stocks, printed in small batches, and lovingly cut and scored by hand in my small Texas studio. Macaroni and Glue offers unique and special invitations, handcrafted greeting cards, and vintage-inspired blank note sets. In addition to the Macaroni and Glue stationery line, I also offer custom design services for individual and corporate clients who desire a one-of-a-kind stationery look.
My complete line is available in my Etsy shop(http://macaroniandglue.etsy.com/). I also have selected pieces available at The Pear Project (http://thepearproject.com/).
Kelly Drill
Macaroni and Glue simple.stylish.stationery 206.250.6522
Thanks, Kelly!

11 comments:

Kelly Drill said...

Thanks so so so much for the great feature, Tess. I'm very flattered!

pickleberries said...

Thanks for this great article about Kelly. Her work is wonderful, and she's such fun!

Anonymous said...

Great find!!

Anonymous said...

omgosh, I love her stuff! Thanks so much for the introduction!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Ooh I am going to have to go check out Macaroni glue- how cute and cool stuff!
Hope the beginning of your new year is starting out great!

eight helping hands said...

Her artwork is beautiful. You have the best Wednesday, Friday blogs. How cute are the two of them!

Opus #6 said...

Really beautiful work!

Arlice Nichole said...

Ok, this.is.so.cool! I LOVE stationary and I LOVE anything that's girly and vintage as well. Awesome Tess, thanks for this post. I'll definitely check out her products!

Helene said...

I love the stationery!!!!! This was fun to read!

LaTonya Yvette said...

Beautiful!Thanks for sharing your great find. Gotta check out her site.

Terra said...

That is beautifull. I plan to check it out.