Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jordon!

Dear Jordon,
Today you turn 13.
It seems like just yesterday, you were a little toddler waddling around with your shag hair cut that you still give me a hard time about.
You are a good kid and you even though you'd rather stay in your room all day and play video games, you occasionally grace us with your presence so we know that you still are alive.
You are a good brother too and I know you love your sisters even though you torture your little sister and make your older sister want to kill you 23 of the 24 hours in a day.
You are now officially a teenager and I hope that doesn't give you any ideas to start giving me more gray hairs than your older sister did and now that you are a teen, don't even start thinking about getting a car when you turn sixteen-we definitely learned that lesson and you can thank your sis for that one.
I will never worry about you being able to take care of yourself when you grow up and we all know you'll have plenty of money in the bank because you figured out about the whole saving for what you want thing-something your mom still needs to figure out.
You are super smart and every year we are reminded of this when you come home with A's on your report card and invitations to be in the gifted classes because you get almost perfect skills tests (We know, you got your smarts from your grandma).
I couldn't of asked for a better son and I hope you still are a good son to me when I get old and your sisters are contemplating putting me in an old folks home.
So, enjoy this milestone and don't get too big for your britches because I can still put you over my knee-just remember that.
Happy Birthday!
Your mama.

11 comments:

Dee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Great pictures!!!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

Oh, how sweet! Love the pictures! Beautiful kids - thanks for sharing! And Happy Birthday to Jordon! ;)

eight helping hands said...

Happy Birthday, Jordon! What a sweet story, and great pics!

Chris said...

He is a great looking boy! Happy Birthday!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

What great pictures! My son is 13 and it really made me walk down memory lane thinking he once was little- but now he is a TEEN! Looks like you have a most precious teen on your hands now!
Happy Birthday to him!

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

What a cute kid! I have a 13 year old son as well and when he had his birthday - it really made me walk down memory lane when he was just a little boy- turning into a teen is such a huge milestone I think! You have some great shots of him! Tell him Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

This is such a great tribute to your son! i hope he had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

That was so incredibly sweet! You're a terrific mommy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome picture of big brother and little sister. Sooooo sweet!

Helene said...

Awww, what a very sweet post! He's got such a gorgeous smile!!! Happy Birthday Jordon!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww - happy birthday!

LOVE your photos! This was an incredibly sweet post - love to start my Mondays off like this! (and I totally agree with you on the car thing)