Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wrong side of the bed

I'm not sure how it started. Maybe it was because I slept wrong and have a bad kink in my neck. Maybe it was because I woke up with a headache. Or maybe because I looked outside the kitchen window, hoping that all the snow melted and it was miraculously eighty degrees out.

I don't know how it started, but I woke up angry.

Angry about what, you ask?

I'll tell you.

1. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, we still seem in too much debt.
2. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I can't seem to let my oldest daughter be a grownup and not have to call her all the time.
3. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I can't seem to just sit down and finish writing my novel.
4. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I'm not sure if I have true readers of this blog and they only visit because I comment on theirs.
5. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I still get jealous of other popular bloggers.
6. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I still manage to yell at one of my kids at least once a day.
7. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I can't get all my crap organized.
8. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I don't feel like a great writer.
9. I'm angry that no matter how much I try, I still manage to feel sorry for myself.

What did I do about this "angry"?

Well, after slapping myself in the face, I decided to look at the bright side of everything. Though, it was pretty damn hard to see that little #$%^ beam of light coming out my rear, I rewrote my angry list into a brighter outlook.

1.After we get our tax refund, we'll be almost out of debt.
2.Every time I call my daughter, she is safe and sound.
3.I'm going to start going to the library to write again.
4.I write for myself, so even if only one person loves my blog, that's ok.
5.I don't look good in green, so jealously just isn't going to work for me.
6.Yelling is good for cleaning out the lungs.
7.It's fun finding something that you lost a month ago, so who needs to be organized?
8.My friend, Michelle thinks I'm an awesome writer and I think she is too.
9.If you don't feel sorry for yourself, who will?

10 comments:

Helene said...

Tess, this post is so full of pure honesty...I love it!!! We're all human, we all get angry but it takes an even bigger person to put it out there and say "hey, this is me...deal with it"! I also like how you put it all into a positive spin.

Great post!! And BTW, I read your blog b/c I think you're hilarious and also very insightful!!

Anonymous said...

it's ok to be angry and to let it out. That's what blogging is all about. Getting your thoughts and feelings out

Terra said...

Loved the post, I read because I like to read what you write and I skip/don't comment only when I am not interested in the topic of the day. I often look at others blogs and wonder whats makes them so great, but my blog is for me (and ultimately my girls) so I kind of like it the way it is, I wish I could finish just one of the books I am trying to write - I have always wanted to write and yet...have made nothing of it yet - debt - don't get me started, Yelling - DEEP BREATH- I yell too...

Thanks for sharing -

eight helping hands said...

Yes, My Dear, you are a GREAT writer, and I read you EVERYDAY! (That you have a new post). I read you because I like you, and your inspirational and funny.
And yes, yelling is good for cleaning out the lungs.
I found $20.00 the other day that I lost over a month ago. It was fun!
Love to you, my friend
Michelle

Unknown said...

giggling! i had JUST the same kind of morning! the "thankful thursday" post was my attempt to crawl out of the hole. thanks for your honesty, tess! write, write, write, girl!

Tami said...

very funny. that wasn't so angry! couldv'e been worse. just found you, i'll come back...for sure.

Jean Stockdale said...

I am so sorry you had a crummy morning. We have all ben there and done that! Here's hoping tomorrow is better. Thanks for your honesty. Blessings.

Fearless Mom said...

i could feel your rage as i read your list. so glad that you turned it around to something positive. it's all about perspective, isn't it?

as for the system of commenting on each other's blog, that's how i found you! and i'm here to stay.

LL said...

I found your blog by accident, but I enjoyed drifting through.

Kate said...

This was a great post. I think everybody in the world has days like that, but it's a whole other thing to be honest with yourself, move past it and see all your wonderful blessings.