Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, February 2, 2009

What book design am I picking?

Thanks for all the love and support this last week, readers!
Oh, and Go Steelers-the champs!
Now, I have a fun task for you. I am in the process of picking my book cover design for my suspense novel coming out titled, ANONYMOUS. I have several design versions and thought, why not let the readers try to guess which design I'm going with? Why not also, motivate them by holding a contest? Okay? Okay!

Here the choices for the cover design:
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick the design (1-5) that you think I'll pick and comment it to this post.
2. On Friday, February 13th (I like that date-sounds scary like my book) I will pick the design that will be the final cover.

3. I will round up everyone that picked the same design as I did and 5 winners from that bunch will win a free autographed book when it comes out. (publishing date soon to be announced.)
----
What if you didn't pick the winning design? That' ok!
Four more winners will be chosen that had put alot of effort to win but didnt pick the winning design, so if you want to increase your chance of winning, do one or more the following also:
1. Post about my contest on your blog and send me a link.
2. Comment every day until February 13th and include this after each of your comments- I WANT TO WIN YOUR BOOK ( make sure that you leave a comment on this post first with your design pick).
3. Add yourself to my Follow Me button and let me know.
4. Put my blog on your blogroll and let me know.
Now, if you don't want to enter the contest and just want to let me know which one you like, go ahead and you don't even have to tell me your name!
Okay, now go choose your favorite design!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

The one that stands out to me is #3. I'm not sure why. I just really like that one. I WANT TO WIN YOUR BOOK

Anonymous said...

I like #1 ... I think it's the red that just pops out at me.

How exciting to have a book coming out?!? You must be thrilled!

eight helping hands said...

I like number 3. Number 1 is a close second. I'll try posting a link to you tomorrow, we'll see, you know I stink at these things. I'm actually writing my "grown up" book today, so I'm off to go at it.

Beth in NC said...

I think #3 is the easiest to read -- the color.

Of course, the title of your book scares me (ha) and perhaps ignorance is bliss. :-/

Blessings!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Haha-good! I was going for a scary title! Remember, this is about a stalker who is also a killer. Let me know if showing a bit of "blood" on the cover is what I need.

Unknown said...

I think I like #4, but I don't do scary & your book may make me stop blogging!

But it does sound pretty cool & you're on my blogroll & I think I follow!

I might even post about it!
But I think I'll stick to your artwork!!!

Helene said...

I like #1. The red really stands out and red seems a good color for a mystery!

It is SOOOO cool that you have a book coming out! I love mysteries!!

Morgan said...

I like the first one- the red makes it seem more scary. However, the black font makes it harder to see the title. I would make the title of the book in a white or some other color that is easier to read. But definantly the red- it makes it seem more chilling.

Is your book fiction? I'd be interested in hearing what it's about!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

I like #4 the best. I think that the spattering on the letters is cool. Thanks for entering my giveaway too!

Anonymous said...

#1 #1 #1!!! And you are on my blogroll...

So will this be your first book?! You'll have to let me do a book review for you on my book review site The Book Faery Reviews (http://tbfreviews.wordpress.com).

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I Love #1 The red cover. I always lean toward red for some reason .. Hopefully thats the one you chose

Fearless Mom said...

i like #4. congrats on your book! that is really something. i hope it is not a true story.

Retro Heather said...

I have a preference for #4. I think the red pops out better on that one. :)

eight helping hands said...

Sure I would LOVE to be your next victim! Hee, hee. Send your questions, on over and I will anwer them and get it back to you ASAP. Glad you liked my blog today!

Dana said...

I like #1.... i think it looks great and it caught my eye!!



If you could Please stop by my blog - hopefully spreading the word will help!!!

Anonymous said...

I love design #4. It is clean and easy to read.

Congrats on your book! I can't wait to read it!

Aim said...

I like #1...it seems to pop a bit more than the others to me. I'm off to add you to my blogroll as well. I can't wait to read the book.

Lisa Samples said...

I love #1 - it is scary too! I would love to read the book - even if I don't win!
Lisa
Lisa(dot)samples(at)gmail.com
Mom of 2 Boys, Wife of1