Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Can I have more novocaine?

Thank you for all your encouragement and luckily, my tooth decided to start hurting enough for me to make the call. (didn't help much either that my husband kept shaking his head and rolling his eyes at me) I got that sucker fixed and no pain in my mouth felt like heaven. They had to give me a ton of shots because my nerves are pretty sensitive and let me tell you, if you tell them that you are afraid of them, they give you the special treatment. I even got a blanket put on me in case I was too cold. Yeah, I'm sure they were making bets behind my back to see if I cried or sucked my thumb but I'll still take it.

I felt in such a good mood after and it was apparent to me that I've been a total bitch to everyone because of the pain, so I made sure I was super nice to everyone and I should thank them for not going off on me the last couple of days. They were probably nice because it was Christmas and all.

My mouth was numb until about nine o'clock last night and then it felt like someone clocked me in the jaw. Not as bad as the tooth pain but enough to sleep with an ice pack all night-but I got to sleep at least.

So, now I will have the mental energy to get back to my duties which includes catching up on commenting on my buddies' blogs and back to writing my book. Also, just in time to get ready for all my resolutions because I definitely couldn't do any of them if I still had that toothache that made me want to run little old ladies off the road if they were driving too slow. Thank you Mr. Dentist Dude!

3 comments:

eight helping hands said...

Glad to see you got your tooth fixed. I'm a big baby when ti comes to going to the dentist, so it's o.k. to cry or suck your thumb!

Helene said...

I'm happy to hear you got your tooth fixed!! I'm a huge wimp when it comes to going to the dentist too! Definitely not my favorite thing to do...it tops my list, along with going to the ob/gyn for a pap smear!

Arlice Nichole said...

Ah, tooth aches! Been there. Not fun.