Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Surviving the holiday

We actually made it through another holiday and it turned out to be a bit more quiet than I thought. A bit of bickering, but all in all, no major catastrophes.
I also survived the day after with getting up a 4 o'clock in the morning to order specials online and then gathering up sleeping little ones and charging off to the mall first to get our traditional JCPenneys snow globe and then relaxing a minute. We have been doing this for as long as I can remember. If I ever missed getting a globe, I think I would have to knock down the first old lady that had one and run-just kidding, Mom.
I wanted to try out Walmart this year because they had a lot of things I wanted though I didn't have my hopes up high since I know there are people that wait hours ahead of time to snatch up everything before us shoppers that sleep in a bit longer, dreaming of getting a JCPenneys snowglobe, decide to go.
I was surprised that the store seemed quiet and stress free by the time we got there. Of course alot of the things were gone that I wanted but like I said, I did order some online so I wasn't very disappointed. I was hoping to get a tree on special because we did need a new Christmas tree. I'm too lazy to find all the branches that I threw in the storage area last year, thinking that I wouldn't hate myself the next year trying to sort it all out.
So, I did end up getting one of the trees on special and it was one that was prelit. These are the most awesome trees ever! They are like an umbrella and just fold out. I wanted to kiss it and hug it and well, ok, I did kiss and hug it. Why isn't every artificial tree made this way? I plan on writing every tree manufacture of every tree that I've ever bought and telling them that they should be ashamed of themselves for not coming up with this idea before and that their mothers should beat them with one of those branches and to make sure they use the green marked one because that's the longest ones.
Anyway, on Saturday after running a few normal errands we stayed home the rest of the day. Other then telling Emily about a dozen times that no, it was not ok to keep taking the decorations off the tree and put them back on again somewhere else, it was uneventful.
On Sunday morning, I was awakened by the sound of our first official snow. WTF? Yep, every time a car zoomed by, I could hear the tires whoosh on the wet pavement.
When Emily woke up (the only one of the kids that cares that it's snowing) she exclaimed,
"Mommy! It's raining snow!"
I'm assuming that Mother Nature is letting me know that Christmas is on it's way so I better get used to it.
Ho Ho Ho.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy December! I can't believe it's December already!

I'd LOVE to have one of those umbrella artificial pre-lit xmas trees - I've never even heard of them. Man, how much time and aggravation that would save - my husband would LOVE it.

We were on the road on Black Friday so I missed all the deals. Sigh. Story of my life. But it's Cyber Monday so maybe I'll make up for it today! I hope.

Anonymous said...

This year just zoomed on by I can't believe its already December. We didn't make it out shopping this year, I was searching for a sell for my canon rebel but nobody wanted to discount it. I wish we got one of those trees you were talking about.

Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

I have GOT to get my tree up soon. If I wait much longer, Santa will have come and gone without a tree ever going up! Probably wouldn't be a good thing!

We still have a non pre-lit tree. Maybe I would be more anxious to get the tree up if I didn't have to worry with the 5 million branches! ughhh, such a pain!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you survived. I love the Thanksgiving photo, your kids are adorable. You should come to my house I go crazy with the decorating. Crazy! I have four blow ups in my yard, two trees, lights in every window, lights on the bushes plus 1000 knick knacks minimum.
Enjoy the holiday season.

Dana said...

glad you had a nice holiday!!!

Arlice Nichole said...

I don't know. I think I like the ole fashioned real tree with the sticky stuff (sap?) on the bristles, the prickly pine needles and such. We did the artificial tree and it ended up smelling like our attic: old and atticky.

Kate said...

Good for you for braving the crowds every year for your snowglobe. I have problems with crowds so for the sake of my sanity I avoid them at all costs. And I too have one of the pre-lit trees, they rock. It was the first and only tree I've ever bought.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I'm hoping to get a prelit tree this year at the after Christmas sales. but I have been saying that for 3 years now.

I got up early for the online deals too

Anonymous said...

I never heard of the snow globes from Penny's. Can you take a photo of your collection?

I miss snow a lot, but don't want to drive in it ever again. Glad you had a good time shopping!