Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The last post of 2008

I will resume my Words with a Blogger next Wednesday but today I wanted to reflect on the past year. My thoughts bring me to what a big year it was and the things that happened to me.
My first and foremost has been becoming a grandma this year to a beautiful-yes, Jess, I said BEAUTIFUL baby boy. It was a journey that at first when I received the news, I admit that I wasn't happy and disappointed but I grew to realize that things happen for a reason and I wouldn't change having that baby around for anything in the world.
This also lead to my oldest having to grow up quickly which she did a good job of it and now even has her own place. Hence me having to deal with my first child leaving the nest. Something I'm still trying to get used to.
This year marks my middle child's last year before officially turning into a teen and I've made emends with it-I think.
My youngest had her first visit with the dentist and unfortunately it was not a good one and I'm sure she will need lots of therapy later in life and I'M SURE THEY WILL BLAME ME. She discovered dance class, auditioned for a movie and her face will be featured on a well known product around Mother's Day.
It also was a year that I discovered blogging, thanks to a broadcast on the afternoon news about Mommy Bloggers. It opened up a whole new world for me as a writer and to find many wonderful people in blogging land. It even led me to an old friend and inspired her to start her own blog that I love to read and she keeps me blogging because she tells me I'm so funny.
I've also been able to reflect on what's important in life with all the happenings of the United States and being thankful that we have not been hit firsthand though a close relative has.
I look forward to the new year and all that it will bring. My faith is not in one man's hand but in the people and I believe that together, we will get back on our feet.
Ok, that's enough of the mushy stuff- I hope you have a great new year and tonight I will make a toast to everyone in blogger Internet land (cause I get to drink now!! Woo hoo!) and please have a safe one if you do go out and party!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

7 comments:

eight helping hands said...

Awww! That was soo sweet! You have had a busy year! A very life changing one at that. I must say I am also glad that I started to blog as it did indeed lead me to an old friend, who I find very funny! Have a happy, healthy, harmonious new year!!!
P.S. I can't find your "work at home" book anywhere, it is sold out on the net, I will check the local book store one more time though.

Dana said...

have a happy new year

eight helping hands said...

I didn't find it (your book) at the book stores either! :-( :-( Oh well I'll keep trying!
I did however find a book by Teresa Lyons, about eating you abc's, is that yours too?

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Like your blog- glad I was able to figure out how to get on here- all of a sudden it just worked! Happy new Year!

Arlice Nichole said...

Happy New Year Tess! My oldest is 9 and I'm dreading the day she leaves the nest! I think I will cry for months b.c. it already brings tears to my eyes when I think of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Tess!

LaTonya Yvette said...

A big high-five to you,for accepting a situation you cannot change. Enjoy your precious blessing.

Happy New Year!