Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Words with a blogger Wednesday

This week's Words with a Blogger is


Paula from:


A Little Gratitude

Tell us about yourself and your blog.

My name is Paula Mathias Fryer and I live on the Central Coast in California. I have a brilliant English husband, three precocious children ages 9, 6 and 4, and 3 playful dogs. I own a company named “A Little Gratitude” which specializes in gifts that offer inspirational messages and encourages women to slow down, breathe and enjoy the present moment. My blog is: http://www.alittlegratitude.blogspot.com/
My blog promotes my website and jewelry, but it also discusses topics that are interesting to me. I mostly write about issues for women and moms who are struggling with preserving their own sense of self while holding down jobs, raising kids, maintaining a home and taking care of a partner.
You can also find my items at: http://www.alittlegratitude.net/http://www.alittlegratitude.etsy.com/

When did you start blogging and what made you decide to blog?
I started blogging about three months ago. I decided to blog because I thought it would help promote my business. I also really enjoy writing. I have kept a journal since I was 16 years old, so writing comes fairly easily to me.

Do you make money from your blog?
No.

What do you do to network/promote your blog to bring in readers?
Due to the weak economy, I recently started a weekly post called "Fryer's Frugal Finds" which gives ideas for women in the area to save money. I include sales at local markets, free kids events and tips on saving for the family. I sent the link to my friends, who passed it on to their friends. I try to think of topics that interest people.
How do you balance blogging and family?
I try to blog at least weekly, but family comes first. If I don't have time to blog, I don't make myself feel pressured or guilty about it. I want to keep it fun.

How frequently do you post?
Weekly, or as much as possible.

Do you own a business and blog about your business?
Yes, my business is called A Little Gratitude. You can find it at www.alittlegratitude.com. In my blog, I try to include info on my business and photos of new items.

What do you recommend to blog about?
I recommend blogging about topics that interest you. I recently watched an Oprah episode that got me thinking, so I blogged about it. I try to keep it interesting for myself as well as my audience.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
My readers give me suggestions on topics to blog about.

What is your blogging style?
I try to write as if I am talking to my best girlfriend. I want people to laugh, disagree, agree and get good ideas.

What do you do when you get writer's block?
I take time off of blogging and wait until I'm in the mood.


Thanks, Paula!

Would you like to be my next victim-er, I mean interview? Comment on this post and I will stalk you and peek in your windows to watch your family eat dinner just like the Australian guy that follows that gecko character on Geico-Or, I'll just send you an email with a list of interview questions for you to answer.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, what a great idea. I just interviewed a mail artist at my letter writing web site and had so much fun doing it. Good job on unique content!

Helene said...

Sounds like she has a lot of great tips! I'll have to check her site out!

JenEverAfter said...

Yes, I have to keep in mind that blogging is NOT the be-all end-all!

Anonymous said...

How true it is that we can often get our blog topic ideas from other bloggers! Thanks again for introducing another blogger to me! :-)