Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here comes the fame, now I need the fortune...


It's finally happening! Along with the dream of having a card published through Hallmark, It's been a dream of mine to be on the Paula Sands Live Show (a local news and event show) and I am going to fulfill that dream next week! This morning, I sent out my press release about the Hallmark Mother's Day Card contest to all the TV channels and radio stations. About 30 minutes later, I started gettting emails and phone calls - I couldn't believe it!

I had been hesitant about sending out any PR because I thought that they would think that it wasn't a big deal, but now I wished that I had contacted them sooner. The first call was from PSL's producer and we had a great chat and I'm scheduled to be on their show on the 31st-boy am I nervous but excited!
After talking to him, I received another call from a local radio station and they taped our interview right then and there. Would I be able to tell you what I said during the interview? Heck no, I'm still in shock but it's going to be aired tomorrow morning- woo hoo! They also said that they would put something on their website too, so I will post it when it goes up. THEN, after that phone call, I received an email from Channel 4 news saying they would pitch the idea to their people.

Now, if I can just get the newspaper people to contact me for a story. Are you there, Newspaper People? Maybe they're afraid to face my four year old after seeing that look on her face. Don't worry, she doesn't bite- she's got a mean left hook though.

11 comments:

Delaney said...

Congrats! Now you just need to get your card accepted and you are good to go. Great pic by the way. Love her eyes!

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

Congratulations! That is soooo exciting! BTW thanks for the awards and I will put them up soon. Still working on some other things but it'll get done this weekend for sure!

Stacie said...

Congratulations!! That is so very exciting!!

I love that picture - they'd better choose your card.

Good luck on the show - perhaps the fortune will come after you've gained that fame! :D

Jody Cooper Photography said...

Congrats! you should be so proud i am for you, it's awesome!

Unknown said...

Congrats! I love that picture! I would so buy that card.

Terra said...

Here's to fotune soon to follow!

Congratulations!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you!
Don't be nervous! Remember your made to do this. YAAAAAAY! You did it!

Anonymous said...

omgosh, how exciting! Huge congratulations to you!

I think press releases are a great marketing tool. I used to use them all the time when I had my custom digi business.

Enjoy your fame!

Aim said...

that's so cool. Our newspaper has a section that you can submit "local happenings" to. Check yours out, maybe they have the same thing.

The Four Week Vegan said...

Wow, that is really exciting!!! I cannot wait to hear how the TV interview goes.

Melissa said...

Congrats! I have nominated you for an award- come visit my blog to pick it up!