Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Words With A Blogger Wednesday

I know you've all been waiting for
Words With A Blogger Wednesday
Well, it's here!
Today, I've found a blogger who is very cool and nice and so nice that she's going to spill her guts about her even more cool blog-ok, she's just as cool as her blog...
Take it away, Summer!
Hey! I'm Summer and I'm the author of the blog, Le Musings of Moi,

When did you start blogging?
I started my blog almost a year ago. In fact I'll be one year old in April! It's always been my passion to write and after having kids, I kind of lost touch with it. Once I started the blog, it was so on though. And I've been writing every day ever since. Now, I'm just waiting to be discovered for that illustrious book deal. (Aren't we all?)


Do you make money from your blog?
Mmm, not so much. I attempted the AdSense thing and they cancelled my account days before my first check was to arrive. For no reason. Ugh. But, I'm not bitter or anything. Ya, it would be nice to make a living off my writing, but more than anything, I write so that people can relate. I want to make people laugh and not feel so alone in what they are going through.


How frequently do you post?
Since the new year, I've been trying to post every day. I think it's important to me to keep up with it, so I never lose touch with my writing.


Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
I have a lot of favorites. But, my first blog that I ever read was Finslippy. She is hilarious and totally real, and I really love that about her. She's all big time now, but still seems really humble. And that's super appealing to me. I think we should actually be best friends, but she doesn't know who I am. Yet. Once she does, she'll be all over this. Faux show.


Have your readers influenced you in any way?
More than anything, they keep me encouraged. I always knew I loved to write, but I never knew if anybody else enjoyed reading it. That's why, to me, comments are so important. I appreciate any and all feedback, so that I am able to keep it relatable and fun.


Has blogging changed your life in any way?
Um, well, if you saw my house and lack of it being clean. Then yes. But, seriously, it has helped me to look at things that happen in my life and pay attention to finding the funny in it. Even the hard times, like the endless tantrums (mine and my kids) and the fights with my husband (rarely my fault), suddenly turn into a funny story on my blog. And THAT, my friends, is some good therapy right there.


What do you do when you get writer's block?
I go shopping online. Then I post pictures of all the things I want. That always makes for a good post. I tend to do this once a week. I mean, I can't always be deep. Gotta break up all that brilliancy.


Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
No matter what, stay true to the reason you started your blog in the first place. And have fun. And be humble, even if you strike it big. Oh, and read and FOLLOW my blog. Because it always comes back to me. (Doesn't it always with us bloggers?)

5 comments:

Terra said...

I have a feeling I would really like her blog! THanks for sharing. I am going to go visit

Unknown said...

im already a fan of summer and you are right... it IS a great blog.. i really enjoyed reading your interview with her!

eight helping hands said...

Good interview! I'm off to visit her blog! She sounds so nice and down to earth!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I love Summer and her Blogversations!

Summer said...

Thanks so much for doing this girl! It was so fun!