Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My "Ah-Ha" Moment

As you know, I've been trying to find my place in the writing world. I've been busy writing articles and it's taken a lot of my time. I'm not complaining. I like it and don't have plans to stop writing articles. The thing is, while I've been busy with this, I realized something.


I MISSED YOU GUYS.


Not in the you-should-be-worried-that-I'm-going-to-stalk-you sense, but that I missed my blogging friends and the support they gave me. I've missed not being able to visit other blogs as much and I kind of been forgetting about my blog too. I've been blogging for over a year now and worked my butt off to build something with it. Don't laugh, but in the beginning, I went into this with the intention of finding some way to make it be what I do. I guess I just got lost on the way and didn't know how to "build my brand" from it. Was I a photography blog? No. Was I a product review or contest blog? No. I'm not any "kind" of blog, but I still like my blog. I still like to write. I still like you guys.



So, what to do? I decided that I will come back full time on this blog and start giving back to my blogging friends that have stuck by me through thick and thin, even when I was a bad blogger friend who didn't visit as often as I should have. I have some ideas for my blog and I'm not sure if you noticed, but I opened a community in Blog Frog (look to your left-lol). I plan on using this platform for a community that will have free stuff, articles on parenting issues, blogging, working at home, etc. I am going to try to partner with a blog designer to see if they would be willing to "give" some free templates for readers to use in exchange for advertising (if you are a designer who is interested, let me know!)



I also was thinking of putting my Coconut Hut Club Series as online books, with each chapter posted on my blog or maybe in the community. Please let me know if anyone would be interested in me doing so.



I have been so occupied that I haven't even promoted my other book, Anonymous very much! So, I am setting up a virtual book tour in the next couple of weeks. (Thanks Swati, for offering an interview!)



So, please check my community out and start a discussion or reply to one-it's very lonely right now. Oh, and I'm open to ideas on what to do with this community.

4 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles. it will be cool to have you around more...i stumbled upon a cook blog yesterday where the author post 2 mini chapters a week...

Richele McFarlin said...

I totally understand. I have been trying to write so much that my blogs were getting neglected. Not only that...visiting others is just something I don't have time for. So...I am trying to get a balance. I need paid writing jobs...I just do. But I love my blog and bloggy buddies. I seem to be falling off the charts myself...lol...so I am trying to regroup. :) I hope to see more of you!

Liz Mays said...

I'm glad you're refocusing on the blog again!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

It is amazing how important a blog and all our blog friends become to us. Do what you enjoy and what makes you happy. That is all that matters really.