Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Some Words About a Blogger Wednesday

Dear Ms. I'm-Too-Popular-To-Give-You-The-Time-Of-Day Blogger:

I would like to thank you for bringing me back to reality. I adored you. I read your blog every day, hanging on your every word. I bought your book. I praised to other bloggers how wonderful you were. How down to earth you seemed. Heck, anyone who would invite people to their house had to be awesome. I used to think that you were the only famous blogger that didn't let it go to her head. I WANTED TO BE JUST LIKE YOU.

Now, that has all changed for me. I know you get a lot of "gifts" sent to you from fans, businesses, and other bloggers. So I sent you an art piece that I worked hard on. I thought it turned out quite well too. Then I waited. And waited. And waited. No note from you to say, thanks for your kindness! Nothing. I would of even settled for one saying that you hated it and please stop being an artist, you suck.

Then I began to think. Maybe she never received it? Maybe it got lost in the mail? So, I sent you a nice short note, asking if you received my artwork and that I hoped that you liked it. No reply.
I tried to tweet you to just check on it. Silence. I guess all those bloggers that you do comment back to must be real somebodies for you to talk to-do you know The Real Housewives?

I'm sorry, but I don't care how big a blogger gets, you should still acknowledge us little guys. I'm not a stalker. I just admired your accomplishments-you started out little just like me. After all, if it wasn't for us little guys, you wouldn't have readers to qualify you for all those "big bucks" advertising.

I don't come to your blog anymore and I've unfollowed you. I'm sure I've been missing out on some great posts and great photos. I actually miss reading it, but I can't support someone who is just too busy to respond to her readers. How long would it take for you to just type "thank you" in an email to someone that took days to design something for you? Sure, you didn't ask for it, but an act of kindness goes a long way. I've heard around that others are unfollowing you too after they just reached out to you for advice, only to get the cold shoulder.

I really hope you like your artwork, or I hope that at least you are using it to cover that hole in the wall that you've been trying to figure out what to do with.

Sincerely,

An Ex-Reader.

9 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Wow! Is common courtesy really dead? It's not so hard to simply say "Thank You". I heard they actually have cards specifically for that purpose.

Sorry you kindness and efforts went unappreciated. Keep smiling and move on... other appreciate you. =)

Michelle said...

That is just a bummer. I never comment on super popular blogger blogs. You know they don't read their comments, plus I would rather save my time communicating with smaller bloggeres. It's more fun!

By the way, I had to laugh at your bored picture of your dog. I can't tell you how many times my dogs become my subject when I have nothing else to shoot!

Liz Mays said...

It's astonishing to me that a thank you of some sort wasn't given. That just seems so wrong.

I don't understand the disconnect of some bloggers that happens either. It's really sad!

Unknown said...

That's so sad! It shouldn't be hard to acknowledge and show one's appreciation. Good for you for writing the blogger off and no longer following. Maybe she will get the hint.

Creative Junkie said...

I'm sorry this happened, Tess. :(

It's always hard when someone we admire turns out not to be worth all the admiration.

Anonymous said...

That is really sad. She got big for a reason and shouldn't do that. I bust my butt trying to get back to everyone because I followed and commented one one big blog, well it seemed big when I had no followers and she never said thanks or commented back once. I vowed never to do that.

Annette Piper said...

Sorry to hear that you were greeted with silence. Terribly rude of that person and your actions were totally right!

The Four Week Vegan said...

I'm sure that hurt. I'm sorry that blogger was so rude.

secret agent woman said...

This is precisely why I prefer smaller blogs. My rule is a simple one - if they don't come around to comment at least once in a while, I stop visiting. Not out of spite but because one of the things I most like about the blog world is the interaction. I don't want to feel like I'm just throwing comments out into the winds.