Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Bye, bye, Bella

Dear Bella,
Yesterday I got the news that Jess, your mama, found a place that takes big dogs like you. When I asked how sure she was about moving there, she said about 99%. I jumped for joy and did cartwheels in the living room, not caring if I knocked over our big screen tv or the fine crystal we got from Aunt Sally.
It's not that I don't love you or your shedding fur that finds it's way into our food, bathtub, garage, furniture and earlobes. Or, that no matter how many baths I give you, you still make our house smell like a pound. Or, that you've brought four thousand fleas into our house, making my ankles into scratching posts. Or, that our dog food bill tripled since you've moved in and our poor Chihuahua has lost three pounds and is so skinny, we step on her because we don't see her.
No, I do love you even though you have brought utter chaos to our house. You are a good dog and you guard our house from strangers with your terrifying roar. You "sit", "lay down", and "shake" for our pathetic enjoyment and you come in handy on walks when we want to get back the neighbor that lets their dog poop in our yard.
I will probably miss you and don't worry, I will come visit you. I will listen to all the "Bella Stories" about how you got into the garbage, or how you ate that $10 steak that some poor fool left on the counter. Then, I will come back to my fur, flea, poop and dog smell free home and do another cartwheel.
Love, Your Temporary Mama

5 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Aww, she looks like a lovely dog, but yeah, I hear you. Hubby totally nixed the idea of having a dog, esp. the bigger breeds that I love, because of the smell. Not to mention all the extra work that goes into looking after them.

Creative Junkie said...

ROTF! Love the tongue-in-cheek humor, Tess!

Fleas - yet another reason I do not do pets. UGH.

Annette Piper said...

She looks gorgeous, but sometimes you just have to simplify your life! Bye Bella.

The Redhead Riter said...

Stopping by to let you know you're on my list of blogs I ♥ visiting!

Have a great Saturday!

The Four Week Vegan said...

What a good temporary mama you were. Glad to hear Bella will be back with his real mommy soon. You can always visit.