Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Stopping and smelling the roses

After lightening my work load a bit, I decided that I would take a day off and do absolutely nothing but relax. I napped, I spent time with the kids, read my favorite blogs, ACTUALLY WATCHED TV, and did a little writing-because I enjoy that. I did do one act of working, I cleaned my daughter's room. This I had to do, because it was really starting to look like a junk yard and every time I walked by it, I cringed and if I needed to go in it, I feared of breaking a limb. I guess you can say I enjoyed it because I make her help me and we spend time together and afterwards, she's so excited because SHE CAN ACTUALLY WALK IN IT AND PLAY. This benefits me too because then she's gone for hours playing with toys that she had forgotten about under the mounds of clothes and other toys thus, allowing me to have time to myself. Time To Myself- I like the sound of that.

Today, I'm going to get back to a more regular routine with getting that #$%& book completed. The hubby promised pizza and a dvd tonight-it's even a chick flick-so I'm excited about that. I know. I know- how pitiful. I remember the days of anticipation of going on a hot date to a fancy restaurant and tickets to some fancy play. Now, I get all tingly over a slice of take out pizza. Oh, how things have changed.

5 comments:

Creative Junkie said...

I simply loathe cleaning my youngest daughter's room, but I have to admit ... I absolutely LOVE the result.

Veronica Lee said...

Amen, sista Tess!!

How things have changed!!

Hit 40 said...

I found you at the mommy blogger club!!! Excellent.

I know that I have been here before?? And I can't believe that I did not click follow last time.

The Four Week Vegan said...

My dd is 16 and she has a room that makes me cringe - it never changes. I am in the same boat as you with the dates - pizza and a dvd is my speed too. What did you watch?

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to give you a big welcome to the SITStahood. We are so excited you could join us and look forward to seeing you around.