Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Maid-rites and sparklers

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Our celebration was quiet except for the boom and bang of fireworks in the sky. We did the usual and went to my mom's to cookout, light sparklers, and watch all the neighbors' fireworks all around us. I wondered with the economy problems, if there would be very many people buying them this year, but it seemed to not effect anyone and it even seemed like there were more than usual.

We were busy running back and forth whenever we heard a bang to catch a cool display and we all agreed that next year we were going to bring a chainsaw and cut down all the trees that blocked our view. It was an usually chilly night too, which was so strange since usually we're dying of a heat stroke. We all had sweaters on and blankets over the little one and all the while I'm thinking, is this July?

I'm always excited every year for my children to see all the brilliant and colorful fireworks just as when we were little and we loved to just sit there for hours going, "oooh!" and "aaah!" This year, it was a fight to stay outside. All the adults were like, let's go see some more! All the kids, down to even little Zach, were like, let's go inside.




It came down to this:

Emily: "Ok, Mom. We'll watch one more then it's time to go."

Me, after a big red, white and blue firework went off: "Wow! Wasn't that cool?"

Emily: "Yeah, that was great. Now, let's go."

Next thing you know, she'll be telling me that Santa Claus isn't real!


20 comments:

Aubrey said...

LOL
Yes she will!

We were out of town for the 4th and it happened to be a very chilly night for us too! It is summer, right???

Coming by from SITS with a big WELCOME!

Stacy Uncorked said...

What a great picture! I love the look on her face! :)

Princess Nagger looked similar when the guys were setting off all the fireworks...she apparently didn't appreciate the loud noises. ;)

Wait - Santa Claus isn't real??! ;)

Creative Junkie said...

I definitely get more into the fireworks than my kids. I just love 'em!

Our fourth of July night was freezing as well - wth?

LOVE that photo, Tess - she is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

This is true. She looks like she'd rather be doing somehting else LOL. Have a great weekend. Happy VGNO

Kristen said...

lol! Too funny...and such a cutie. Came over for VGNO.

Julie from JulieChats said...

I'm glad you at least got to enjoy your fireworks, if no one else did!

Happy VGNO!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

We are going to fireworks tomorrow night, last time we went Jillian was so scared. I hope she is fine this time!

I am Harriet said...

She's too cute!
Happy VGNO to you!

Kitten said...

It's been chilly here too. It's July 10th and I'm typing this wearing a sweatshirt and jeans. Tonight I'm going to bed in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Major bummer.

I live in Connecticut, not the North Pole. What's the excuse?

Mary K Brennan said...

My kids haven't bought into the whole firework thing yet. Still looking forward to the day when were all sitting on a blanket watching the beautiful sky. Maybe next year.

Jen said...

oh that picture is priceless. Stopped over from SITS.

Angie said...

Too cute! Just stopping by to wish you a happy VGNO!

~Angie
MyFourMonkeys.com

Mandala Michelle said...

Well I will send some heat to everyone if I can. I like sweaters in July! Looks like baby girl was ready to go in that picture : )

Ms D said...

That picture is so cute! Happy VGNO!

Lola said...

Stopping by for VGNO. Hope you have a great weekend!

http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com
http://lolasvictorygarden.blogspot.com
http://firecrotchrocket.blogspot.com

I’m also guest posting today at http://sassyirishlassie.blogspot.com

Lagean Ellis said...

Great pic! She is sooo loving that sparkler. heehee

I just love fireworks. The more the better.

I will share this Arkansas heat with all of you with the cold snaps. The Weather Channel says the northern states will stay below normal all summer.

Happy VGNO

Liz Mays said...

Love the "over the top" reaction she had!

I can just picture you using a chainsaw chopping down trees!

Elizabeth D. said...

Aww, that's too funny! Happy belated VGNO!

ConnieFoggles said...

What a great story. She's growing up too fast. What is up with this crazy weather? Hope it's back to normal for you now.

Jennifer said...

If it weren't for her gorgeous ringlets, you'd think she was angry for holding that sparkler! But she can't possibly be angry! She's got great hair! ;-) LOL!