Same Blog-New Place

This is now my old blog address-I am now one of those Wordpress geeks and my blog now sits at www.SixFeetUnderBlog.com . So, please visit me there and if you subscribe to it, you will be my new best friend and chocolate chip cookies will fall from the sky.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

Words with a Blogger Wednesday

I have someone who wants to play! Modern Mom from

How to survive Life in the Suburbs




She has an awesomely cool blog and I love the title and header. Sounds like a tv comedy-was there a show called that? Anyway, here she is and she's ready to reveal her blogging secrets to you.
Tell us about yourself:
I am a Mom to two gorgeous girls, and a wife to the true love of my life. I gave up a career I absolutely adored working with children with special needs and their families, to stay home with my family and embark on this crazy adventure of parenting in the Suburbs of Ontario Canada. This is the toughest and most rewarding job I have ever had and I would not change a thing.

When Did you start blogging?

My Hubby was out of town for business for two weeks in January. I needed an adult to talk to and ended up starting a blog instead!

Do you make money from your blog?
No.

How frequently do you post?
I usually post 3 - 5 times per week. Whenever the mood strikes. I'll admit I'm finding it a bit harder to find the time now that the kids are home for summer vacation and there are so many wonderful things to keep us busy.

Do you have a favorite blogger(s) that you just can't live without reading?
I don't think I could pick just one or two. I have quite a few blogs that I check in on every single day. Some I admire for their quick wit. Others for their brutal honesty and raw emotion, and still some blogs just for a peek into their everyday in a different place. I'm finding no matter where you live we all have an awful lot in common.

Have your readers influenced you in any way?
I try not to let readers influence me. To be honest, when I started blogging I didn't think I would have any readers at all! Now I love every single one of them..no really I do:)
I have kept my name and hometown a secret. No one in my life knows I blog (except my Hubby) and I hope to keep it that way. This way I can be totally honest about my experiences and share my thoughts without fear of reprimands!

Has blogging changed your life in any way?
It has become my new obsession. I will check on my blog before my e-mail. Even catch myself reading blogs instead of the local paper. Loving it!

What do you do when you get writer's block?
Take a day off. Try not to think about it. I started this blog for me. A place to write down my thoughts and because my Hubby was always telling me I needed to do more writing. He thinks I'm funny and I love him for that.

Any other advice you might have for newbie bloggers?
I feel like I'm a newbie so would gladly take advice from anyone else! Ha. If I had to give any...I guess I would say write about what you love and write from the heart. Those are the blogs I love to read..those are the thoughts I love to share.
Thanks so much!
I need awesome and cool bloggers!
Comment to me and let me pick your nose-err, I mean your brain!

17 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I'm a follower of her blog and just LOVE IT!

Karen said...

Love her blog!

Sam said...

I will go see. Thanks!

Harriet said...

Sounds like a good blog.

Iris said...

I follow you!

Sara said...

Love your Words with a Blogger

roberta said...

Love her blog!

Karen said...

Please feature me!

Susan said...

Thanks for the info.

Helen said...

Love MOdern Mom!

Creative Junkie said...

I love that she's kept her identity a secret - I keep wondering if I should have done the same thing. I would have so much more blog fodder that way if I didn't have to worry about my family members reading what I wrote.

The Four Week Vegan said...

I'm headed over there now to check her out.

Buckeroomama said...

Totally heart Modern Mom. :)

Kristen Andrews said...

Hi Tessa you won the JumpStart Contest, I just need your email address so you can email it to me at klacustomcreations@comcast.net

Helene said...

Ooooh, sounds like another good one! I'm off to go check her out!

Stephanie said...

Tess! Just got back from my vacation and ran straight to your blog. Thank you so much for featuring me:) You are too sweet and I love love this way to discover new reads.
mwah!

Anonymous said...

i`m your permanent reader now